Monday, August 17, 2009

What comes first, the Chicken McNugget or the Egg McMuffin?

500 Days of Summer wasn't a love story.. but it was a refreshing twist.
I'm trying to teach myself how to play Boston by Augustana. 
So far, I'm pretty dang close to giving in, but I'm hoping I won't. For once.

http://www.poodwaddle.com/clocks2.htm
Check out that link up there ^
Right now, almost 5 million are affected by an evil out of the 6 billion in the world. 
This evil tends to drain so much from our families and friends. 
Yes, it is a disease.
A disease with no positive known cure. 
If you already pretty much guessed what this is, you're right. It's cancer.
So I want to talk about a little story of mine I witnessed.
I have a pastor in my church, who's been preaching all his life. And to prove it, he was my mom's youth group leader in high school way back when. 
This guy was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer stage 3 about 3 years ago. Now, I don't know if you know, but pancreatic cancer at it's 3rd stage is fatal. You could leave earth in the next hour or the next month. It's unpredictable and critical. He was in a horrible condition, but to some miracle, he survived. I to this day believe it is the power God holds that determines when you will pass on. 
He battled cancer, and won.
Happy ending.
But just a couple months ago, he found out that he now had lung cancer. We were all worried but were confident he could win this war again. However, he's been through too much of the medication and chemo therapy that now his body isn't responding to any of them. Which means he can't be helped by our technology, and he has to fight this purely on his raw will.
We are yet to hear more of this story.

The fact is, he won't have what it takes to survive this second time. I knew him all my life. The last time I saw him, he was half the weight he used to be, at the very least. He didn't have much strength to talk. But he managed to compose a face that is comforting to everyone no matter how much we knew.

I'm not sure if you'll understand what I mean, but I'm trying to say if it weren't for my grandmother's death, I would still be a little kid that hasn't been hit with the fact of death yet.



That's how much more I believe in life than death.



Love

2 comments: