Thursday, August 13, 2009

The truth of my own words hit me hard.

I just saw the funniest video Christine put up on twitter. It's this japanese contest winner of some sort and she visits the set of Harry Potter, and meets Rupert Grint, that lucky dame. But the whole thing is just hilarious. 

Orbit came up with a new flavor of gum. I decided to try it, I mean why not. I'm a daredevil if you say so, a risk-taker. Ha. Strawberry-mint. 
But  I didn't like it, a clear disappointment.
I think it's a nasty little invention. 
Next time I see a new flavor, I'm sticking to my Cinnamon gums.

I think I'm posting a whole lot of blogs these days. I think I put one up everyday of the week this week. 

One of my pet peeves are kids and sex. I mean kids my age and sex together. Why are you in such a rush to lose your virginity? To me, it's just pitiful and rash. I'm guessing kids that go through with it this young think of it just as a physical connection. But to my understanding, it's just so much more than that, and I'm dying for them to acknowledge this. I think most of us just believe too much of what the media feeds us, and it really can't be healthy. The media's one big joke, and I'm trying to be smart enough to realize it's not at all like how it goes.
So, I want to be pure until marriage. That's what I want, and I'm not even gonna tell myself I'll bend the curve when I find the One, because that's just weakening the bar. Both you and your partner have to be ready to accept this way of love and keep it. I know this might sound weird, but I've had a recently married couple tell others and myself about how they needed to keep it clean throughout their dating life. They both admitted on how hard it was. Because in the end, who's even going to know. But what it's really about is respect for yourself more than the respect people will give you.
It's just a way of life I chose. Thought I'd share that with you kids.

I'm here looking online for some vintage-y, antique-y posters for my new room. I also got the new Ikea catalog next to me. Every time the topic of me moving comes up in a conversation, and I repeat to different people over and over that I'll be leaving LA, it reminds me the truth of my own words I did not hear before. Every time I say the words "I'm moving" it hits me in different ways. 
And that makes me think. How would other people interpret whatever anyone else says?
I'm sure everyone understands it in a whole new level than what others meant it to mean. 
Which changes communication entirely, in ways we won't even think of.




Love

No comments:

Post a Comment